Supporters of Barack Obama say his economic record is actually quite strong, and that right-wingers simply can’t accept that. David Stockman, formerly of the Reagan administration, reduces these claims to rubble, and then destroys the rubble.
Among the issues covered:
- Has Barack Obama been a great job creator?
- Has Obama outperformed Ronald Reagan on job creation?
- Is it true that the low labor force participation rate is just a function of retiring Baby Boomers?
- Did “the sequester” interrupt Obama’s otherwise successful rejuvenation of the economy?
- Would more infrastructure spending help the economy?
- What has real investment growth been like?
- Isn’t the booming stock market an indication that the president is on the right track?