Of the five most indebted (fiscally_ economies (excluding Ireland, which did not report 1Q 2015 GDP figures):
- Debt fell in the case of Greece by 8.3 percentage points between 4Q 2014 and 1Q 2015 to 168.8% of GDP;
- Debt rose in the case of Italy by 3 percentage points to 135.1% of GDP;
- Debt fell 0.6 percentage points in Portugal to 129.6% of GDP;
- Debt rose 4.5 percentage points in Belgium to 111.0% of GDP;
- Debt fell 0.7 percentage points in Cyprus to 106.8% of GDP.
Italian debt is now at the highest level since the peak of Inter-war period in the 1920s:
Congratulations to the inhabitants of the Planet Debt...